Friday, September 07, 2007

de ting about DeMeng ... (aka Art Unraveled Part II)

OK, I might as well come right out and admit it. Michael DeMeng is my current Pretend Boyfriend, knocking long-standing favorite Kevin Costner right out of the saddle. I mean, Kevin's still cute and everything, and he still makes my heart go pitty-pat, but Michael? Michael is not only the author of Secrets of Rusty Things (see http://www.michaeldemeng.com/ and http://tinyurl.com/2tvrun), but he's a great teacher, a funny (and cute) guy, and did I mention cute?

Seriously, it's rare to find an artist who is also an excellent teacher. I would highly recommend jumping at the chance to take a class from Michael DeMeng. He kept our class at Art Unraveled, "3D Polaroid Assemblages", hopping with excitement and laughter. I'm planning to take another class (or two) with him next year as well. Well worth the price of Art Unraveled, all by himself.



A fuzzy picture of a kind of cool assemblage, if I do say so myself.
I loved the process of creating the "rocky" frame.




At work in class.



A fantasy self-portrait.




Patricia working on her assemblage piece.



I captured a better photo of Patricia's fantastic assemblage.




Michael "critiqueing" my work.



Me, Michael, and Patricia, at the end of the day. I told you
we had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Y'all!