Saturday, December 04, 2010

Pics from Quilt Festival

At last, here are some pics from the 2010 Houston International Quilt Festival.  These are mostly "people pictures"; some of my favorite art quilts will be posted later today or tomorrow.

Leslie Tucker Jenison and Jamie Fingal at their demo table.

Leslie explaining her technique.

Leslie gets "demonstrative".

Jamie at her free-motion quilting demo.

Jamie's "Urban Footscape".
Jamie's contribution to the Silent Auction -- I bid, but didn't win it.

Jane Davila at her Make-It-U mini-workshop "Gyotaku fish printing"

Cheryl Johnson and I both lucked out and got into Jane's class!


Nancy Dickey and "Passages"

One panel of the Beneath the Surface exhibit -- with my "The Key" on the right.

"The Key" and Me.

Pokey Bolton and Maggie Winfield, just outside the Make-It-U classroom.

Maggie and I went to lunch one day, and as always, she drew admiring glances from everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures of Festival! A lovely reminder of how truly wonderful it was. Thank you for including me. I love your piece from "Beneath the Surface" and your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, Linda! wish I had been there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I'm with Jamie: We both loved your piece so much. Thank you for allowing us to include it in the exhibition. It is such fun to relive times at festival through your photos.
    AND thank you for sharing your fantabulous shoes in the Quilt Festival/Quilt Scene magazine article.
    You rock!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Y'all!