Friday, February 01, 2013

The Art in Fiber, 2013

Some of my very favorite people in the whole world ... Gerald and Debbie Tobola ... are the owners of the Copper Shade Tree Gallery in the wonderful little art-town of Round Top, Texas.  They have nurtured Texas artists since they started the gallery, and gave me my own start in showing and selling.

Gerald & Debbie Tobola

This year, their month-long exhibit, The Art in Fiber 2013, is themed, "A View From My Window" and features 24 Texas fiber artists, including me.  I'm thrilled to have been juried into this show by the renowned Karey Bresenhan, no less!  The opening is tomorrow afternoon, from 2-5 p.m.  If you are anywhere near this little artful oasis situated between Houston, San Antonio, and Austin, it will be worth the trip to see the exhibit and the town.  It is also very near La Grange, where the Texas Quilt Museum resides ... voted Best Museum in Fayette County.

Here are the front and back of the postcard, inviting you to The Art in Fiber 2013 show.  I hope to see you there, sometime between February 2 and March 3.



The artists who will have work in the exhibit are:
Marilynn Barber
Pauline Barrett
Anne Berversdorf
Noreen Borys
Andrea Brokenshire
Susan Byrne
Janice Drees
Suzan Engler
Connie M. Fahrion
Barb Forrister
Debbie Geistweidt
Margery Hedges
Susan Fletcher King
Linda Teddlie Minton
Janet Moran
Sona Nast
Heather Pregger
Diane Sandlin
Oscar Silva
Annie Smith
Jo Sweet
Hope Wilmarth
Gay Young

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Y'all!