Monday, February 06, 2006

Mariah Needs Her Mama


Elizabeth and some folks on the DD list have been talking about shisha mirrors, so I thought I'd post my only attempt at one ... in the upper right corner of this little 4" piece. The stitching says, "Mariah needs her Mama. She purrs even while she's biting me - Ouch! Sandpaper tongue. Sweet sharp kisses. Only crunchy food please. No bouncing! Velvet fur and tuna breath Yum."

I made this little piece in a Susan "Lucky" Shie http://www.turtlemoon.com/ workshop at QSDS (Quilt Surface Design Symposium) in 2004. You can click on the image for a larger view of how the shisha mirror was stitched into place.

1 comment:

  1. very cute! you definitely have a real cat in your life. nobody who only thinks they know cats could have come up with something that real!

    juliet

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Y'all!