Wednesday, October 20, 2010

More Photoshopping

Cynthia (Cindy) Powell has created a new blog, Digital Montage Studio Challenge, for Photoshop challenges.  I couldn't resist trying out the first one, even though it doesn't "officially" start until November 1.  Having taken an on-line class from her last month, I enjoyed it so much and it opened so many doors for me, that I'm really looking forward to her challenges, tips and tricks.

Here's the first one, "Adding a Gradient Layer".  Of course, I had to play a bit and add 3 different gradients to this black-and-white photo I had of a street in San Miguel de Allende (my favorite city in Mexico), plus a Multiply blending mode.

The original black-and-white, which I had already played around with a bit in Photoshop.

And above is the altered photo, with 3 different gradients added, plus Multiply Mode.  I think it looks kind of like some of those old hand-tinted photographs.

What do you think?  Isn't this fun?  I can see lots of ways of using this one little trick in my fiber art.

1 comment:

Talk to me, Y'all!