These are the results of ICE CUBE dyeing. I used ice cube trays and froze the dyes that were very concentrated with urea.
I put a wet soda soaked piece of fabric on a dye table, placed the ice cubes randomly around on top of the fabric, then place another piece of wet soda soak fabric over the top.
I used a hammer to break the cubes up just slightly, covered with plastic and allowed to sit and "batch". It was quite cold outside, in the high 40's and the table is in the shade. I left it all day. These are the results.
The heavier dyed side is the bottom piece of fabric and the lighter piece with more white areas was the top fabric.
I need to do more experimenting but this is the first attempt.
Thanks, Carol, for sharing these results with us ... verrrrry interrrresting!