Wednesday, March 22, 2006
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4. What does it say?
He was murdered in a Burger Bonanza his second night at camp.
It's from The Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, What can you touch?
Printed catalog from the "Changing Perspective" on-line exhibit of art quilts; also a bag of natural fibers I just bought at the Upstairs Gallery in LaPorte, Texas.
3. What was the last thing you watched on TV?
"Big Love", a new HBO series about a polygamist family in California.
4. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
About an hour ago to pick up a package outside my door. It was from Fire Mountain Gems, with my tiny bit of silver art clay to experiment with, Yay!
5. What are you wearing?
Typical for me ... bluejeans, sweatshirt, cotton socks with Merrell sandals.
6. When did you last laugh?
This afternoon, with my friend Darleen.
7. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Let’s see ... quite a few of my own finished wall quilts, numerous quilts-in-progress, family photos, a design wall that is totally covered with STUFF, some beautiful photography by a dear friend, including a framed bogus "Quilting Arts" magazine cover with my picture on the cover naming me as the hottest new fiber artist, many skeins of strange and unusual fibers, many cones of thread for my longarm quilting machine.
8. What is the last film you saw?
"Brokeback Mountain" It is still haunting me. So beautiful and heartbreaking. (Actually, the last film I saw was "Madea’s Family Reunion", but it was so trite that I had to quote Rachel Kitterman’s remarks about Brokeback Mountain, because she said it perfectly.)
9. Do you like to dance?
No! Never have, never will. I dance like Elaine on the Jerry Seinfeld Show ... or maybe not even that well!
10. What do you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gates?
"Well, nobody’s perfect, but you did OK."
11. Your name spelled backwards?
12. Last incoming call on your phone?
My sister, calling to vent about doctors and medicine.
13. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
The "Changing Perspective" exhibition catalog. http://fiberartsconnsocal.org/exhibiton_catalogs/changingpercatalog.pdf
14. Type of music you dislike most?
Rap tops the list, followed by anything that is played so loudly that I can’t hear the tune or the words, and anything violent or hateful.
15. Have you ever ridden on a motorbike?
Yes ... a dirt-bike.
16. What's your favorite comic strip?
I don’t read comic strips anymore, but I used to love Pogo Possum. He and his friend Albert the Alligator had a favorite Christmas carol that they called "Deck Us All with Boston Charlie", and here are some of the lyrics:
Deck us all with Boston Charlie,
Walla Walla, Wash, an' Kalamazoo!
Nora's freezin' on the trolley,
Swaller dollar cauliflower alley-garoo!
17. Have you ever won a trophy?
Ummm, does "Betty Crocker Homemaker of the Future" in 5th Grade count?
18. Are you a good cook?
Yes. But I don’t cook anymore.
19. Last thing you ate?
Fried green tomatoes.
20. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital?
My sweet mother-in-law.
21. Would you rather be famous by face or famous by name?
By name ... absolutely.
22. What was the name of your first pet?
Frisky. She was a weird little mixed breed with probably a lot of Scotty in her. Black with pointed ears. She had to go to the pound for biting somebody.
23. What do you think of the person that posted this before you?
Rachel ... I admire her very much!