Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Fiber Art Postcards for the Tate Museum


I just recently heard from my local quilt art group, Beyond the Borders, that the Tate Museum in London had put out a call for mail art for the First International April Fool's Day Mail Art Exhibition http://www.gfxartist.com/general/general_news/114330. So naturally, I just had to hustle up and send a couple of postcards in. These were my two entries. The top one is called "Ophelia's Baby Rug", and the bottom one is "Horsehead Nebula". Although they are quilted silk on a cardboard backing, both of them were stamped, hand-cancelled, and sent through the postal system just as if they were regular postcards, with the time-honored epistle, "Wish you were here."

1 comment:

  1. well gosh darn...you didnt post it on the list...or did I miss it...wahh I have a whole stack I could have sent...wahhhh

    bytw love your cards

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Y'all!