Thursday, August 29, 2013

A lovely birthday ...

Since this is a "landmark" birthday for me, I'd like to share a few of my favorite birthday cards ...

My friend Cheryl sent me the sweetest hand-made card (she's currently crazy about Washi paper) and a silly little "knit wit" pin, commenting on my current craze for knitting, hidden in this funny little plastic coin purse. I love them all!

Thank you, Cheryl!

Here are two wonderful fiber-art postcards from Susan and Connie ...
Susan's "Transformed" is on top, and
Connie's "Still on Guard" is below it.
Thank you, my dear friends!

And last but not least, a very cool 3-dimensional card from my friend Rex, who I haven't seen in several years, but who always remembers my birthday. 

Thank you, Rex, I miss you!
What a nice birthday I had today, thanks to friends and family.

“It is not true that people stop pursuing dreams because they grow old, they grow old because they stop pursuing dreams.” -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

6 comments:

  1. And no thanks to this friend who totally forgot! I'm glad it was a good day anyway. Love you, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Sharon, you remember me every single day! (But I'll make you pay ... and pay ... and pay ... LOL!)

      Delete
  2. Landmark birthday huh? Must be the 39th????? Hope you had a great day and many more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah HAH, Janice, sooo funny! Thanks, I did have a great birthday, and it's nice to hear from you!

      Delete
  3. Happy , Happy belated birthday! I like the quote at the end of your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Norma, I love hearing from you! (That quote is one of my favorites, too.)

      Delete

Talk to me, Y'all!