Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Creepy Baby

Here's one of the babies in my Creepy Baby series ... she's not one of the creepiest, but she IS kind of weird! Her name is Circus Baby, and she is a beaded 4-1/2" antique bisque doll. She came into my possession without her original arms, so I created some happy circus arms for her.



And here she is from the back, so you can see her little bonnet:

Some people have asked if the beads are glued on. No, they are peyote-stitched around her body and head with size 15 seed beads, creating a little attached bonnet. My friend Larkin Van Horn (http://www.larkinart.com/) taught me how to peyote-stitch around a solid object, such as a bottle, and I translated the technique to the doll.

Her arms are stuffed, stitched fabric, beaded at the ends and wound around with some gorgeous silk waste yarn donated by a friend (thank you, Jo!)

5 comments:

  1. 15s!? You did a beautiful job, Linda! And she is CREEPY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! such a neat little doll body to build upon so creatively. Love Jo's contribution too. I can hardly wait to see the others ... there are more, aren't there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda....
    I just love what you have done. I had no idea that you even made art like this. It is Wonderful...creepy wonderful that is. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she's very cool and not creepy at all. That beading is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is beautiful and reminds me of Edward Scissorhands with her sad eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Y'all!