Monday, November 28, 2011

Misty Fuse

I've talked about Misty Fuse (paperless fusible web) before, and how much I love it.  In fact, LOVE  isn't a strong enough word ... I LURVE it with a fiery passion usually reserved for purveyors of castile soaps.

(By the way, I DO also love my Dr. Bronner's Hemp-Almond Pure-Castile Soap, but that's another story.  Also, if you have really great eyesight or else a super-power magnifying glass, be sure to read the very tiny print on the bottle, for an education and/or a scary/incomprehensible rant, depending on your viewpoint.)  

Iris Karp of Misty Fuse
(This picture is actually from 2009.  I forgot to take a
picture of her this year, so I borrowed this one from
Susan Brubaker Knapp.  Thanks, Susan!)
Annnnyway, to get back to the subject of this post, I LURVE my Misty Fuse, and while at Quilt Festival in Houston a few weeks ago, I made a bee-line for the Misty Fuse booth, and ran into Misty Fuse Genius, Iris Karp.  (Iris and Misty Fuse have a Facebook page, too.)  We had our yearly hug and quick chat, and I made off with my purchase ... at long last, I had decided I needed a BOLT of the wunnerful stuff.  I've been buying it by the package for years (ever since I discovered it), and finally made the plunge.  "OMG," as the kids say, why did I wait so long?  It is so much easier to access, straight off the bolt!

The packages are great, but the bolt is even better!
Someone suggested using a paper-towel dispenser for the roll ... either the horizontal kind mounted on the wall, or the kind that stands upright on the counter.  Great idea!  I'm also thinking I will make a little quilted "cozy" to slip over it, just for fun.

If you've never tried it, just buy a small package at your local quilt shop, or on-line.  Instructions come with the package, and I'll bet you'll fall in love with it too.  (No affiliation, etc., I just love this stuff, and it's one of my favorite purchases from Quilt Festival this year.)  Have fun fusing!

8 comments:

  1. It's always nice to have recommendations from someone you admire and who's work you admire. There is so much out there to choose from. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love it and buy it by the bolt too. I was surprised to discover recently that I am coming near the end of my bolt of white! I thought it would last forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sandra, you're too good to me! And Vicki, you made me think about how long the bolt will last ... I think I'll write the date inside the bolt, just to see how long it will last me ... just out of curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only is Misty Fuse great, so is Iris!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you find it by the bolt? I'm running out of Aleene's finally, and they don't make it any more, so I was thinking about trying this, since I've heard so much about it, and felt it at a quilt show. I just like the idea of the paper on the back that I draw on.

    dezertsuz at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello,trying to purchase a bolt of your misty fuse?could you send me a price? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, I don't sell Mistyfuse, I was just raving about how much I love it. Contact Iris at Mistyfuse, here: http://mistyfuse.com/ Anyone there will be glad to help you. Sorry for the confusion, and that I was unable to reply directly to you. Cheers, and enjoy the Mistyfuse.

      Delete

Talk to me, Y'all!