Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Praise for the Goddess Sheet

I know I've talked about the Goddess Sheet before ... such an indispensable tool in our quilting and art studios.  Anytime you need to mix fabric, fusibles, and heat, this is the best I've found.

I already had the original Goddess Sheet (10-3/4"  x 16-1/2") and the Big Goddess Sheet (17-3/4" x 24").  But I recently "discovered" the Fat Goddess Sheet (21" x 27") and boy, what a difference it makes!

I actually had it in my supplies, but had not used it ... I kept defaulting to my Big one because it was already on my work table.  (You know how lazy I am!)  When I finally pulled out the Fat one (that just doesn't sound right!) and used it, I couldn't believe what a big difference those extra inches make. And, of course, it was made the perfect size for fusing fat quarters, which I hadn't even thought about.
This picture doesn't have anything to do with Goddess Sheets ...
I just liked the image of the "goddess head" and put it here
to entertain you.  ;^)

Now I realize that I don't ever want to "make do" with just one or two of the Goddess Sheets ... I need all of them! Yes, I've used parchment paper, it works too ... but it gets wrinkled, torn, and very quickly unusable.  I've decided that ultimately I will save money by just using the Goddess Sheets.

I became obsessed with them when I fell in love with Mistyfuse (which I love by the bolt).


So thank you, Iris Karp and Mistyfuse, for both of these essential tools.  Now I'm considering (would "coveting" be a better word?) the little Hobbico Iron for spot-fusing ... hmmmm.

6 comments:

  1. I love my Mistyfuse and Goddess Sheet. Some day I will invest in a whole bolt and a larger sheet but for now I will love what I have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, you're right, I love both products in every size ... it's just that having the larger Goddess Sheets and the bolt of Mistyfuse is a real luxury!

      Delete
  2. Goddess sheets are the best! And don't you just love the name, the fat goddess? That could be me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! Sue, you cracked me up! I sometimes think of myself as a fat goddess, LOL!

      Delete
  3. I need to get the Fat Goddess Sheet! I have an original and a big.I bought a bolt of Mistyfuse last year and love having a seemingly endless supply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it, Kathleen. It's perfect for fusing fat quarters (of which I seem to have meeeeeellions!)

      Delete

Talk to me, Y'all!