Monday, November 14, 2011

Quilt Festival 2011 - pictures at last!

Here are the first of the pictures I took at IQA Houston International Quilt Festival last week.  Still haven't processed all of them, but I thought I'd go ahead and post the ones that I've cropped and titled with the artist's names.

Here, for your viewing pleasure ... and please, people, respect the artist's work and do not copy.  If you'd like to link to my blog, where the images are properly attributed to the artists, please free to do so.  I was careful to take pictures only in the exhibit areas where pictures were allowed, but if you are one of the artists shown here and you do not want your image shared, just let me know and I will take it down immediately.  For all others ... thank you so much for sharing your fabulous work ... and I only wish I could have taken pictures of all the incredible quilts I saw.

Another Form II, by Peggy Brown
Artichokes in Bloom, by Andre Brokenshire
Caught in the Act, by Barbara McKie
Crested Barbet, by Barbara McKie
Dance, Panels 1 & 5, by Randall Cook
Fractured Self, by Randall Cook
Grafitti Series - Nail Heads II, by Lura Schwarz Smith
Heartbreak, by Judy Momenzadeh
Jamestown, by Diane Rusin Doran
Lucy, by Judy Greenwood
Maynard, by David Taylor
Memories of Gombe, by Mary Pal
My Kind of Dragon, by Patt Blair
Oh Deer, Look What's Become of Me, by Judy Coates Perez
Out in the Garden, by Leslie Hall
Red Sky at Night, by Jill Robinson
Reflections, by Carol Swinden
Refracted Lily, by Gloria Hansen
Solace, by Mary Pal
Springtime in the City, by Cynthia St. Charles
The Desert's Glory, by Lois Podolny
Utah Textures #3, Canyon Wall, by Maxine Shall Burkholder
Woman Waiting I, by Pamela Allen
I'll try to get more pictures up in the next day or two.  Please let me know if you enjoyed the first part of the "quilt show" here, and check back!

21 comments:

  1. Love the pictures and the extra time you took to id each one and tell us the artist's name too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Linda! Those were some of my favorites, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looking with wonder at all of the gorgeous creations. Wish I could have been there. Waiting to see my quilt up in a post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard to believe, "Red Sky at Night" didn't get an award. GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for including me! You picked many of my favs too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Norma, you had a gorgeous quilt there also, which I hope to post tomorrow, if I can find it in the stack-o-pics! And Judy, I was disappointed in the quality of my photography of your piece, but I wanted to post it anyway ... so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Diana and Ann, I agree that these are so gorgeous. More tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These quilts are fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing them with all of us who didn't get to Houston. I look forward to seeing more.
    Lynn Kunz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda,
    We are both in Jeanette's challenge group.. I have seen the first quilt you posted in Paducah' it is breathtaking. I also have seen David Taylor's quilt. It was so nice to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great, since I can't get to Houston. Thanks!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Linda. These are all just outstanding! I particularly like Randall Cook's pieces, but they are all fabulous. Wish I could have gone this year! Gail

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the IQA Houston quilt show pictures. Especially like that I could zoom to see detail. Someday I will get to go myself but till then I love to look at pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos. Thanks for sharing. I loved being in Houston. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great selection. Thank you for taking the time to post all those photos. Next year I plan to take photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. No matter how often I walk through the quilt aisles I always miss something. These are some of my faves, and I see several that I missed. Thanks so much, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Linda,
    These are really lovely photos. Thanks for including my quilt as well.
    Leslie Hall

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the great tour as I missed Houston this year--even missed the deadline to enter! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing work, all! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Linda,
    I have viewed all four collections - made a reverse journey through your photo collections. Thank you for providing a wonderful look at what was in Houston. I so appreciate the time you took to take post and label all of the artwork and photos of folks. It was my joy to take a little Houston journey!

    Kristin McNamara Freeman

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow a lot of those don't even look like quilts, they look like actual photos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Linda,

    These are great pics -- wish I could have made it to the show.
    Thanks for including one of my quilts!

    Jill Robinson
    www.thefibercave.com

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Y'all!