Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Sunflowers - Sold

I haven't posted pictures of this quilt before, because it was going into some shows, but now it has been sold, so I can post some images of it ...

"Sunflowers in the Mist" was started in a Phil Beaver class in 2005, so the shapes of the sunflower petals are his. He taught different techniques for fabric painting, to get the flowing, pebbled look for the sunflower colors, as well as the raw-edge applique/quilting method. The fabrics, layout, and quilting designs are mine.



Above is the full quilt, 38-1/2" x 65". For some reason I don't have a larger image of it.



A detail to show some of the raw-edge applique/quilting.



It took me over a year to be ready to let go of this quilt. I'm discovering that I need to hold on to favorites for a while, until I'm ready to let them go out into the world. I know that this particular quilt will have a good home with someone who loves it as much as I do.




These last two pictures are of the back, to show the freehand quilting.

1 comment:

  1. AB-SO-LUTE-LY beautiful. This is beyond gorgeous. Words just cannot describe.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Y'all!