Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Copper Leaf-worthy?

I had been wanting to make a necklace worthy of the hand-hammered copper leaf made for me by Gerald Tobola of the Copper Shade Tree Gallery in Round Top, Texas ( http://geraldtobola.com/ ), but just hadn't come up with anything I liked well enough. Finally, the Spiral Rope technique that Ann taught me the other day struck me as just right, so I made one in copper and antique blue beads, to show off the copper leaf. Here it is.


The leaf itself is about 1-1/2" x 4", and the rope is 18" long, with a dyed fresh-water pearl for the catch.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You have given Gerald's leaf a lovely setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The copper leaf is beautiful and the beading is great. I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, that is really pretty! Yes, I think it was copper leaf worthy! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, I can see why you wanted the perfect necklace to go with the copper leaf. They complement each other beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is truly beautiful, Linda! I found your blog through Randi after comments on my blog. My DD and I just started making earrings (TRULY not worthy of display) and I can see how jewelry making can be addicting! I hope to take some classes in the near future. I love bracelets and necklaces made of seed beading.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Y'all!