Friday, November 15, 2013

Houston Quilt Festival, part 5 - "What's for Dinner"

I reserved a special, separate post for the "What's for Dinner" exhibit.  Jamie Fingal and Leslie Tucker Jenison created this very amusing exhibit, where the placemat-sized art quilts by various artists were placed around a long table as if awaiting the dinner guests.  I hope you enjoy these as much as I did.

You can click on each picture to embiggen.  ;^)

This first one, I must admit, is my favorite, by Nancy B. Dickey.  Take a moment to appreciate the squid (or octopus?) creeping up around the edges of the plate, to indulge in his favorite meal ... Sushi Surprise!

What's For Dinner: Sushi Surprise
by Nancy B Dickey
What's For Dinner: Four Food Groups
by Jamie Fingal
What's For Dinner: Got Sushi?
by Lee Ann Ferring
What's For Dinner: I Do It! I'm Two!
by Carolyn Goins
What's For Dinner: Key Lime Pie for Me & My Sweetie
by Karen Ponischil
What's For Dinner: Meal, Ready To Eat (MRE), Individual
by Renelda Peldunas-Harter
What's For Dinner: Nourishment & Tradition
by Leslie Tucker Jenison
What's For Dinner: On A Picnic Bench in Maine
by Jeannie Palmer Moore
What's For Dinner: Pepperoni, Please
by Nneka K Gamble

What's For Dinner - Blue Plate Special
by Francis Holiday Alford
I was sorry that I didn't get pictures of all of them, but these were among my favorites.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Y'all!