Monday, July 13, 2015

Art Dolls

As a mixed-media artist, I often switch back and forth among art quilts, surface design, sketching and painting, assemblage, and hand-stitching.  (In other words, I have a short attention span.)

In a recent effort to bring some order to pictures of my various art-forms, I came across these images of some of my art dolls.

Red Hot Alien Mama

Red Hot Alien Mama - detail

"Gloria" ... a birthday doll for a friend.

Circus Baby (aka Creepy Baby)

Doll pin (purse embellishment)

The Fisherman's Wife, 2006
These next dolls were made for my FiberVoices art group, as "studio muses" or "art witches". They were so much fun to make from recycled men's shirts, bits of hand-dyed velvet, buttons and other embellishments I had around the house.

Studio Muse With Deer
Studio Muse, Hugging Doll

Studio Muse With Puffy Pink Nose

Studio Muse With Lizard

Studio Muse With Pocket Doll



3 comments:

  1. I love my Studio Muse. She watches over my longarm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Studio Muse. She watches over my longarm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad, Mary Ann! She was so much fun to make.

      Delete

Talk to me, Y'all!